Read Some Books Challenge 2014

So, I've read some books recently.  Not enough to be proud of, but still, I've read books.  

Two.  Books, that is. 

THE ART OF RACING IN THE RAIN by Garth Stein.  So, yeah, I'm going to admit something here.  I didn't READ it all.  I mean, I read it all, but I skipped some parts.  The parts about racing ... and racing in the rain, which, when you read the title might lead you to believe that, DUDE!  YOU MISSED THE WHOLE POINT!  But I didn't really ... least ways, I don't THINK I did.  The premise of the book was this dog's relationship with his Master and his Master's family, and I guess the whole racing gig, while part of this dog's Master's life, was also just a big metaphor for life and the life of a dog and the life of a Master with a dog.  It was a good read, a sweet read, and my book club and I all agreed, had we not HAD to read it for book club, probably not a one of us would have.  Two thumbs up!

7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess by Jen Hatmaker.  I've already gushed all over this book here.  So, I won't go into another gushing fit because, honestly, it's embarrassing and weird and slightly stalkerish.  But if you find yourself walking around your house all, "DUDE! I've got too much stuff!  Where'd all this stuff come from?  And where'd my paycheck go?" then this book is for you!  It really makes you rethink how you view your riches or poverty in this world, and it will, hopefully, help you refocus your desire to spend and collective. I know it has me.

So, there you have it.  Two books.  I recently checked out four books from the library, and I have a book on loan from a friend on my Kindle app. Oh, and I go back to school on Tuesday, soooooo, apparently, I have big plans for reading.  We shall see. 

I march on with my January Resolution of READ SOME BOOKS IN 2014!

Comments

Popular Posts