JANUARY CHECK ... HOW IS THAT DISCIPLINE GOING?

This is the very last week in the very first month of a brand new year.

Wait!  How did that happen, exactly?

When did I blink?

Wasn't it just Christmas?

I set out to not necessarily make a bunch of resolutions I wasn't ever going to keep.  Instead, with the new year, I decided to create a WORD OF THE YEAR.  That word for 2015 is/was  DISCIPLINE.

Ahhhhhhh!  Discipline.  It's a tough one for me.  I knew it on the outset.  It was going to kick my butt.  I just knew it would.

But rather than wait until the end of 2015, wherein, I will focus on the big picture and all the ways I didn't meet my word of the year challenge, I thought it might be more helpful to have monthly check-ins.

Give my faithful readers .... all ten of you .... some insight on how the first month has gone.

In a word ... EEEEHHHHH!

It hasn't been a complete wash, but it hasn't been great.

Here is how it's not been great:

  • I'm at the highest weight I've ever been
  • I STILL can't stay awake to read more than an hour.
  • I am having difficulty portioning out my dinners -- the worst part of my day.
  • I have difficulty fitting exercise in every single day.  
  • My house still isn't completely organized.
  • I haven't finished my GREAT AMERICAN NOVEL.
Yet, here are some great things that have occurred:
  • I have made enough freezer meals to last me the next month and a half.
  • I have kept my bathrooms relatively clean for the last two weeks (a feat for me, ladies and gentlemen!).
  • I have taken one night a week to write sections of my GREAT AMERICAN NOVEL.
  • I am walking at least a couple of days a week.  
  • I have been putting folded clothes away close to the time they were laundered.  That's a big step.  
Discipline must come in baby steps for me.  If it doesn't, then I fail completely.  That's just how it is. 
So, that, ladies and gentlemen, is my January check-in.  Much work to do, but gosh!  Look at me toddle!

Comments

Popular Posts