DISCIPLINE ... MAKING OR BREAKING ME

I said my word of 2015 was going to be DISCIPLINE.

Y'all.  This word. I  can't even.  It's gonna kill me.  I swear it is.

I am not sure why this concept is so hard for me.  Other people manage it with little to no thought to the whole process.

Me?

I kick and scream and whine and moan and groan.

I mean, why can't I just do it?  Like the Nike commercial.  On paper, it seems so simple.

Like the to do list I created yesterday.  It went something like this:

  1. 2 loads of laundry
  2. dinner
  3. lunch and coffeemaker for tomorrow
  4. kitchen clean up
  5. yoga at 7 p.m.
  6. writing at 8 p.m.
  7. reading/bed at 9 p.m.
Okay, so I got one load of laundry in, and far as I know, it's still there.  Dinner was easy.  I ate left overs, but I barely cleaned up the mess, meaning, there is a dirty coffee cup in the sink.  Lunch was easy, but I never got the coffeemaker set up until just before I collapsed into bed at 10:30 because, well, I forgot.

I started writing at 6:30 p.m., and was at it until roughly 10:15 p.m., with some breaks. 

No yoga. 

No reading.  

The list seemed so easy.

My brain?  It made it hard.

I've come to the conclusion that I am going to be driving the struggle bus on this one for awhile.  So, I suppose I ought to buckle up and hold on tight.  

Sheesh!

Comments

Popular Posts