RAINY DAYS AND MONDAYS

Yesterday, it rained. Yesterday was your typical Monday. How does that song go?  Rainy days and Mondays always get me down?

Raise your hand if you just loathe Mondays.

Oh my laaaaaawwwwwwwdddddd!  Why must Mondays be so aggravating?  I don't get it. It's just one day in the big, long week of days. But seriously, folks. The aggravation.

I got to work yesterday morning and remembered like 10 things I needed to get done before 7:20 a.m.

See what I mean?  Aggravating!

So, it was a typical Monday.

Yet, it ended with me completing all the things on my list. Granted, I never left school until 5 p.m., but again, all the items?  Done!  

I made it home, and let me just tell you.  I made some potato soup Sunday night.  Talk about thrilling to come home knowing all I had to do was warm up a bowl.  It's the simple, little things, people.

The kitchen was cleaned up in record time.

A load of laundry was washed AND dried.

The dishwasher got it's thing done.

I was able to sit down and read.  READ.  And here's the kicker.  I didn't fall asleep in the midst of reading ... well, at least not until I crawled into bed and read for awhile, but that doesn't count.  I swear it doesn't.

One of the things I am trying to do in 2015 is stress less about stuff.  Despite a crazy, insane TO DO LIST kind of day ... despite the fact that Mondays are beyond aggravating, I was able to make it a good ending.

So, on to Tuesday.  A new day, a clean slate.





Comments

Popular Posts