BASKETBALL

I could care less about sports.  I really couldn't.

I grew up in a family that had sports-related interests, but we really didn't get crazy about it.

I mean, Michigan is kinda chock full of sports related stuff:

  • Detroit Tigers
  • Detroit Redwings
  • Detroit Lions
  • Detroit Pistons
  • Kalamzoo Wings
  • Michigan International Speedway
  • Alllllll the farm league baseball teams
  • Michigan State Spartans
  • Michigan Wolverines
  • Western Michigan Broncos
  • Central Michigan Chippewas
  • Albion College Britons ... 
The list is looooooong.

Then I moved down to Kentucky, home of the Big Blue Nation.  

Y'all.  These people are RABID fans.  Like, I've never seen more rabid fans!  CRAZY.

Saturdays?  Everyone wears Blue and White.  EVERYONE.

And on game days during basketball season?  Oh honey.  You get out your UK purse and jewelry and bedazzled UK Wildcat shoes and ....

You would not believe the stuff they make into Blue and White.  I am not even joking. 

Well, at any rate, basketball is King around here, and what is a girl to do when she is literally surrounded by crazy basketball fans?????

This past Friday, I found myself at our high school Lady Panthers' Elite 8 basketball game with allllllllll of the students in our district.  Y'all.  I got into the game.  

Shhhhhh ... don't tell anyone.  

I was shouting and yelling and hollering and clapping ... granted.  Most of the time, it was not when every one else was shouting and yelling and hollering and clapping.  

So, okay, maybe I have some room to grow in the basketball fan department.  Who knows! Rome wasn't built in a day. 

Comments

Popular Posts