HOMEMADE CHALLENGE

I am FINALLY seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, and I'm pretty sure it isn't a train bearing down on me.  So, I am starting to think about summer, and the time I will now have available to me.  I do love my breaks ... recharging ... getting my priorities straight ... resting ... getting healthy again. 

I read recently about a blogger who decided to do a 100 Day Challenge of Homemade Meals. Not going to lie, I loved that idea! It takes time to do stuff homemade, but I know, academically, that homemade is much better for us all than pre-made, preservative-filled foods. The idea of a homemade challenge really appealed to me. 

However, I also know that I tend to work in extremes. I will attempt to tackle a 100 Day challenge (that would take me into mid-September), and, at the first moment I miss a day, I will throw up my hands and call it quits. 

Thus, my idea to do mini-goals. From today forward, I am beginning a 30-Day Homemade Meals Challenge.  For the next 30 days, I am going to try hard to make homemade meals ... breakfast, lunch, AND dinner!

Oy vey!  The planning involved in this one!

Now, there are going to be SOME processed items. I can't get rid of them completely:  Milk, some soups, .... 

However, I am going to work really hard to make foods that will possess more homemade elements than processed elements. 

I recognize there will be some times that I won't  be able to make meals (I'm going to an event this afternoon ... heading home to visit my family later on, but my mom pretty much makes every thing homemade, so no biggie there). The problem times I foresee will be whilst I'm traveling.

Nevertheless, this is something I can do.  This is something I HAVE to do. 

Soooooooo, here I go!  Homemade or bust!

Comments

Popular Posts