YOU MIGHT BE AN OLD FART IF ....

Y'all.

I love social media!  I do.  Sadly, I like it so much, I am on it probably way more than I should be. I need to be more present in my own life and less in your alls.

But that is a post for another time.

Anywho ...

Social media has created a monster.

The monster has a name.

It's called The Over-Sharing Monster.

The stuff I've read on social media in the last few days.

I mean, decorum, people. Decorum!

I say some pretty stupid things on Facebook.  Usually, it's for a laugh ... or because my life is such a collective laugh.

I've been mean on Facebook.  I admit it. But I made a point a long time ago to be positive and upbeat, utilizing the Bambi Rule: If I have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Some of among us?  Not so much!  Sheesh! Some of things people are posting....none of us need to know that stuff!  NONE OF US.

Y'all are putting people on blast. You're sharing your dirty laundry.  You're updating me on personal stuff. You're showing pictures that make me cringe.

I like to keep up with my friends. In fact, I usually only keep FRIENDS as friends. I live far away from my family and friends.  Facebook allows me to keep tabs on all y'all.

But keeping tabs doesn't mean I want to know about absolutely EVERYTHING.

Don't mind me.  I'm just going to clip my toe nails while I nibble on my homemade brioche rolls while waxing ...

Grumpy, old woman, party of one.


Comments

Popular Posts