GETTING YOUR BUBBLY ON

Every morning for the last 20+ days, I've served morning duty outside in the car rider line.

Not going to lie, some of these January days have been rough. I'm not a fan of single digit temperatures.

Even still, it's been fun interacting with parents and kids.  So many have been super kind, wishing me a great day, and one gentleman even saying this morning, "Please stay warm!"

There is one parent, though, that I think I need to strive to be like. Every single morning, he drives into the parking lot, radio blaring (always something fun and upbeat).  He always hops out of the car and greets me warmly with a "How are you? What a great day!" 

And as he sends his daughters on their way into the building, he shouts, "It's going to be a great day! You've got this! WAHOOO!"

The boundless energy he has is almost indescribable. I mean, it doesn't just ooze out of him. It zig-zags out of him and bounces off every single surface in his immediate area, like a pin ball machine. I doubt it could be bottled ... at least not very successfully.

I wish I could say that is how I get up in the morning, bounding out of bed like a pogo stick.  In actuality, my dismount from bed is more of a stumble ... with lots of creaks and cracks before I can walk somewhat normally.

And while, once I am up, I'm up, I don't necessarily skip through my morning routine.

Okay, perhaps you could say that I'm more reserved, and maybe that's true. But I can't remember ever thinking, as I walked into any of my many jobs I've had over the course of my professional life, "WAHOOOOOOOOOO! IT'S GOING TO BE A GREAT DAY!" as I bee-bopped up a set of stairs.

But maybe I should. Maybe I should blare some fun upbeat music. Maybe I should bounce out of my car, skipping into the building. Maybe I should smile and greet everyone with a "It's going to be an AWESOME day!" 

It's all about perspective.

Comments

Popular Posts