THE BEAUTY OF A SNOW DAY

I waited until after the noon hour to go out and clean off my driveway and front walk. 

Why, you ask? I can't help it.  You can take the girl out of Michigan but you can't take Michigan out of the girl. Back in Michigan, you could be fined if you didn't clean off your front walk, your driveway, and your front porch. So, the habit is deeply embedded in my being.  Plus, and I can't believe I am saying this considering I dislike shoveling A LOT, there is a certain amount of satisfaction in seeing a neatly, cleanly shoveled driveway and front walk. 

I am sure THAT is rooted in OCD.

While out there, I got the opportunity to chat with my lawn man, who was surprised to learn that while going to drivers training, I learned defensive driving techniques while driving in snow. Yes, it's a thing!

At any rate, I took my shower after that big project, and, y'all, I put on a fresh-out-of-the-laundry pair of fuzzy jammy bottoms, a t-shirt, and cuddled up under some quilts.

I cannot explain my utter love for fuzzy jammy bottoms. They are comfy and soft and feel like heaven on my legs. I. LOVE. MY. FUZZY. JAMMY. BOTTOMS. Mix those with two soft quilts, and you have the fabulous combination for a snow day nap, which is what ended up happening.

Ahhhh, the beauty of a snow day!

I didn't get done everything done that I wanted to get done ... I mean, the list was long and nearly impossible to conquer.  However, I didn't waste the entire day like I often do. I enjoyed the day while tackling some projects and enjoying a slower pace.

Comments

Popular Posts