DOING ALL OF THE THINGS OR NONE OF THE THINGS



I have been so very lazy ... I mean, I haven't gotten up unless I needed to go to the bathroom lazy. 

The struggle this time of year is REAL, folks.  Putting one foot in front of the other is an exercise in futility, it feels like, and it just plain takes a lot of energy.

I have managed to wash two more loads of laundry, folded some more clothes, and cleaned up some of my kitchen. But still...the exhaustion ...

The exhaustion is unbelievable and real, and I should probably give myself grace for the massive amount of work I've tackled this academic year. And yet, I feel horribly guilty.

Why do I feel so guilty? There are things I should be doing in my house right now. 

  • I need to scrape wallpaper in my hallway. Lots and lots of wallpaper. 
  • I need to paint another coat on my front door.
  • I think I want to paint my back door as well, because, I am CRAZY. 
  • I need to clean my basement and my garage. 
  • My guest bedroom is a huge mess. It needs to be cleaned. 
  • My office is a hideous mess. 
  • I have two closets in need of some major organization. 
And yet, I sat ... and I napped ... and I felt guilty. I wonder if the guilt will ever go away ... or if I will just successfully ignore it. 

Comments

Popular Posts