SUNNY DAYS AHEAD

I've had a long weekend, and I've frittered most of it away.

Okay, I've relaxed. I've napped. I've caught up on some of my chores that had gotten wildly out of control.  But I've also frittered....I'm the queen of frittering.

But after a good night's sleep, I got up with a renewed sense of "Let's Get This Done!"

I made coffee.

I gathered some breakfast ... such as it was ...

I grabbed my journal and my computer and my Bible, and I headed out onto my deck. 

I LOVE my deck. When I was house hunting, I never imagined that I would get a deck. I was just hoping for a roof over my head ... one that didn't leak (house hunting was hard ... all the hards!). When I found this gem of a place, in this gem of a neighborhood, I was overwhelmed by the beautiful deck and the amazing area, and I just knew I would be spending a lot of time here. I love this deck! It provides inspiration and a place of solitude and a place to worship and a place to cry out.  This deck has been such a blessing.

My professional life is all-consuming. And I both hate that and love it. And it's that crazy dichotomy that I struggle with because I do not feel completely fulfilled as a human being if I am not pursuing my loves and passions beyond the classroom.

As I sat here in the sun, sipping my coffee, I started making a goals list ... quite a few of them, actually ... things I want to accomplish this summer ... places I want to visit ... things I want to learn about ... things I want to do to better myself ... habits I want to break ... habits I want to integrate into my life.

Sitting on my deck, I can see myself moving out from under the fog of another busy academic year, and I can feel the sun warm me ... Sunnier days are ahead. Change is in the air along with the honeysuckle, and I am excited about it all.


Comments

Popular Posts