HOW DID I GET THIS OLD?

Y'all, I feel so old.

Today, I, with the help of my parents, stripped wallpaper. Butt ugly plaid wallpaper.

Now, absolutely every thing on me hurts. I mean EVERYTHING. I'm not sure how stripping wallpaper causes my body to revolt against me. It's seriously staging a coupe' at this very moment.

When did I get this old?

How did I get this old?

Back when I was younger, I don't remember my back aching when I was bent over for more than five minutes.

Furthermore, I don't recall my feet hurting after standing for a long period of time.

And my hands ... they are weak from use ... my neck ... y'all ... that never happened when I was younger.

When did all this nonsense happen?

There isn't enough ibuprofen in the world ... nor enough heating pads ... or tubes of Ben-Gay ...

My mind says that I am 25 years old, with a 25 year old body that can take just about anything I throw at it.

My body, however, tells me something totally different. I am 46, and I will ache after using muscles that I don't normally use. My back will ache -- my shoulders will ache -- my neck will ache -- oh, and by the way, I'm going to find more crow's feet around my eyes, and five more gray hairs, just for kicks and giggles. .

I've heard it said that aging isn't for sissies, and whomever said it, they weren't just whistling Dixie! Sadly, I fear I might just be a sissy ...

Comments

Popular Posts