Sunday, December 29, 2019


Today I did zero things.

Unless you can count serving in the Cafe at church and actually attending church. If we are counting those, I did two things.

The rest of the day? I did zero things.

Lazy has such a negative connotation for me. I am sure if I spent time investigating exactly why, I could come up with some experience in my past. But nevertheless, I find it hard to enjoy my laziness.

Then I look at these two yahoos, and suddenly I realize that perhaps I need to take a page from their book.

Maizy and O'Malley play hard. Really hard. Granted, some of that can be attributed to their age. They are only one year old. However, they get up ready to greet the day with what I can only assume is a smile on their little feline faces. They are soooo excited about the little things in life -- things like their morning ritual of Broths for breakfast. You have never heard two kitties meow more than they do.  They love to do their favorite things, and they do so with gusto! Watching birds in the morning and afternoon is one of Maizy and O'Malley's absolute favorites.

Those kitties love hard too. They follow me around, and each other, all over the house. I am their favorite person, and, if I'm being honest here, they are my favorites, too. Their sibling bond is so much fun to watch! They pick and tease and argue and love each other so well.

Maizy and O'Malley take time to be lazy. They sleep .... A LOT ... but they only do so after they've played and loved with all they have in them.  That lazy sleep? It's a reward for their hard work.

So, what's my take away?  I guess if I am working hard, playing hard, and loving hard, then it's perfectly okay to be lazy.

The question is, have I play/loved/worked hard?

Comments

Popular Posts