Wednesday, December 25, 2019



MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

I have been sick. So, I didn't get to do all the normal Christmas things I like to do, namely attending my church's Christmas Eve service.  In fact, I had almost no voice today! It wasn't above a whisper much of the day. I'm sure this thrilled my family ever so much!

It didn't matter. We still managed to have a wonderful day. This year, in particular, it seems so sweet and wonderful.   Everything I got was something I love so very much. However, it was being with my family that was the sweetest part of the day for me.

The other sweet part of the season, and, let's be honest here, the most important part, is that celebration of the birth of our Savior!

The Catholic church in town does this fantastic display each Christmas. They attach Advent Candles to their fence each Advent Sunday.  Then, a day or two ahead of Christmas, the Creche appears with a lone shepherd and a lamb. On Christmas Eve, Mary and Joseph are placed in the Creche, and then, on Christmas morn, the baby Jesus appears in the manager, and from afar, you can see the Wise Men making their way to the baby Jesus. Once Epiphany occurs, the Wise men will have made it all the way to the stable.

I just love how they tell the Christmas story for all of Frankfort to see. It is the best thing that has ever happened to the world, that baby's arrival!


I don't know if you have a lot or a little under your tree....or if you even have a tree. But you have a Jesus who is wanting a real relationship with you.  He is waiting.

Comments

Popular Posts