DREAMSCAPES

I had a dream last night ... or this morning ... unsure of the time. Really, the time isn't important. So, I have digressed!

Anyway, I had a dream ...

I was on a field trip with a group of students and a faceless, yet somehow handsome man, in a zoo, but it wasn't your normal zoo. You see, this zoo had secret cages and roaming areas and underground tunnels. It was a maze of glass-encased holding cells for very exotic animals ... animals I never knew existed. As we (my class, the handsome, faceless man, and I) made our way through this convoluted zoo, we would hear rumors of all sorts of wild animals from others that were on the same field trip.

"OOOOHHHH! How do we get to that animal?" I would whisper excitedly, as someone we passed would stop and tell me about what they had just seen.

"Just continue down this dark corridor." They would point, and then, mysteriously, would walk away into misty oblivion.

I would then set off down the aforementioned dark hallway, only to have the door change to a wall before we could get to it!

This happened everytime, so my poor students didn't get to see very many of the rumored exotics. Yet, that overly handsome, faceless man stayed with me and my class the whole time (I STILL haven't figured out how a faceless man can be handsome! The oxymoronic state of dreams, I suppose).

After traveling down numerous dead ends, and having lost countless students (every teacher's nightmare on a field trip), we saw a bright light at the end of a particularly dark hallway. My beleaguered class and I (along with Handsome Man), entered a brightly lit room that was a plexi-glass enclosure for the most adorable puppies ever known to man! My kids were ecstatic, especially after finding out we could actually go INTO the exhibit and play with them.

All of us piled into the enclosed area, sat down on a sand-like substance and started playing. Wouldn't you know, I sat in a giant pile of puppy poop!

Then I woke up!

Now, I'm no expert here, but something seems vaguely familiar to me. I sense my subconscious is trying to tell me something. Hmmm ... what could it be???

COULD IT BE THE ACTUAL MORAL TO THIS STORY IS THAT JUST WHEN THERE APPEARS TO BE A LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, WATCH OUT!! YOU'LL SIT IN PUPPY POOP!

Ah! Life ... isn't it funny, especially when you are wearing puppy excriment on your hind quarters? I'm guessing that my mind was trying to work through all the twists and turns that my life has taken over the last few months. As I sit here typing, I know I'm wearing the ugliness of poo on my backside. I have been witness to doors changing into full-fledged stone walls with the speed of those darned ever-changing staircases in the Harry Potter series. What has me confused is the faceless, handsome man! Is that a reference to someone in my future ... "Face To Be Pasted on Later?" Or is it a manifestation of what life has waiting for me, just yet to be determined? Or perhaps it merely means that I am, in fact, demented and twisted and a bit off center, and I am in need of some serious shock therapy!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Megan, as soon as I read your dream the one thing that was screaming out at me, and the conclusion I thought you were going to come to at the end was that this was a religious allegory! The faceless man who was always by your side while you were searching for wonderful things, tending to your kids, and also when you were sitting in doggy poo.... the man you couldnt figure out why looked so attractive to you even though you couldnt see his face? Now I'm no religious scholar, and I'm sure you go to church more than I do, but when I read it I was thinking Jesus.

.... that is unless you were making out with him everytime the kids left you two alone.... in which case that blows my theory and I'm not sure how to interpret your dream either. ;-)

Popular Posts