ON BEING RELATIONAL

I'm reading this book on relationships ... all kinds. The major "nugget" to be gleaned, in an oh-so-obvious way, is that who you perceive yourself as being directly affects and effects the way you relate to others whether it be romantically, professionally, personally ... you name it!

Now, intellectually, I knew this! Really, I did. For those of you that know me on any one of those levels, honestly! I did know this.

However, what has struck me as I've been reading this book, is that I've never actually put what I've known intellectually into ACTUAL PRACTICE! DUH! With each page that I've turned, my head is screaming, "DO OVER! I WANT A DO OVER!"

As I've dug deeper into the book, I've spent more and more time wondering at the amount of goofs I've made in relationships I've had ... whether it be with friends, family, co-workers, potential "the one's," or my students.

This leads me to wonder, why do relatively intelligent people (of which I claim to be part of ... well, most of the time) have moments of real stupidity?

Perhaps that is the great question of our time ...
At least it's the great question of my time.

Comments

Popular Posts