PATIENCE ISN'T MY STRONG SUIT

I don't know why it is ...

I can spend an hour with a third grader explaining, in every conceivable way, how to multiply using nines, and I can muster the patience of Job (isn't that how the phrase goes?) while doing it, when after the umpteenth time, the kid I'm helping looks at me like he's just met me for the first time ... I take a deep breath, smile, and start on the umpteenth and one time of explaination.

Yet, when it comes to my own life ... waiting for God's promises to be revealed or waiting for my turn at the bank (quite a range, right?), I can't muster an ounce of patience?

I just don't get myself sometimes. Why is it that I can't seem to internalize that "all good things come to those that wait?"

This leads me to another question: Has anyone managed to obtain PATIENCE? Or is this one of those things that just can't be mastered due to our human nature?

The ironic thing is that the more I try to practice the fine art of patience, the more frustrated and annoyed I become ... the more doubt seeps into my core ... the more I begin to question the very reason I'm on the particular path, I happen to be on at the time. And then it hits me, perhaps patience works in tandem with faith.

Ah! Faith the size of a mustard seed. Now, I remember looking at a mustard seed and thinking, "Man! That's darn small!

I'm beginning to think my faith could be SMALLER than a mustard ... if that's even possible.

I've blogged on this topic before. This should be one giant indication as to my struggle with the P word. Sadly, I don't think I've learned my lessons. God's still got some work for me in that department. So, I sit and wait ...

... patiently? ... well, does drumming one's fingers on the keyboard constitute a show of patience?



Comments

Popular Posts