WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS, AND YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO MAKE THE LEMONADE

What does a person do when it seems you're in a never-ending story? When you look and look and look and examine and analyze the whole mish-mash of life as you know it, and there's no END to the maze. There was definitely a START to the maze. You know that, because you walked into it. But, you've been wandering around and around for what seems like forever, and try as you might, you can't seem to find the END. You're stuck.

What do you do? Run around like a lab rat while others stand over you laughing hysterically? Or do you just sit down where you're at, curl up in a ball, and wait for starvation or the lab assistant to rescue you ... which ever comes first?

Honestly, I don't know anymore. I used to think I knew. I used to have all the answers. I used to be pretty self-assured and confident (redundent, yes). Now? Not so much! Right now, I feel like just sitting down where I'm at, curling up in a little ball, and waiting for starvation or the lab assistant to rescue me ... which ever comes first. Lately, it would seem that starvation may come first.

I have come to really hate the pithy words of wisdom others have to dole out ... "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade!" Well, here's a question for all you eternal optimists: WHAT IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD THE OTHER INGREDIENTS!? Then you've just got lemons!

Comments

Popular Posts