GOTTA LOVE THAT!

Friday morning, I woke up with a sore throat. By the time I got to work, I knew I was sick. Sneezing non-stop, eyes running and bloodshot, nose running, snot coming from every orfice, and crabbier than an old Grizzly bear.

The kids were awful, too. It was like they knew I was crabby and unable to deal with them in a sane manner. Nick (name changed) had been trying my patience all day long, and so when he shot his hand up during Science to share a comment ("I have a comment, Miss Murray! I have a comment!"), I just couldn't deal any longer.

"Nick, what!?" I said, rather exasperated.

With a grin spreading from ear to ear, he said to me, "You awe vewy beautiful."

My heart melted! Even at my worst, this little guy thought I was very beautiful.

Now, why can't the "big boys" think the same thing?

Comments

Popular Posts