MY PRINCE CHARMING(S)

About four years ago (in a house in which I no longer live), I walked out to my detached garage to put some recycling in my recycling bins. It was about 10:30 p.m. on a warm, September evening. I disposed of the recycling and went to shut the side door on my garage. It wouldn't shut. I slammed that stupid thing three times before I decided to look down. A poor little frog had hopped into the space between the door and the door jam, and I had just rendered it paralyzed as I repeatedly slammed its head in the door! I was traumatized -- had to have a friend's husband come over (in his pj's) to dispose of the little guy.

I told the story the next day at school. One of my teacher buddies said, "Oh my gosh, Megan! What if that was your prince charming? You just murdered him viciously!" Then she laughed ... out loud ... wickedly!

Fast forward to yesterday ... a beautiful, warm spring day ... at a different address. I was raking out my flower beds and manage to brain a poor toad almost to death with my rake.

When will these prince charmings get the clue? That being that I'm absolutely clueless. It's going to take more than just hopping after me and hoping I will notice. Shoot! I might step on you!

Comments

Popular Posts