IT'S INEVITABLE ... YOU WILL SEE SOMEONE YOU KNOW

I ended up with the stomach flu early this morning, and I'm just now feeling "normal." A little bit ago, I decided to run out to a nearby gas station to pick up a 2 liter of coke. I went out with my hair tied up percariously, not a stitch of make-up, and this get-up on that made me look like I'd been on a three-day drinking binge.

"I don't care what I look like," I thought. "I had my head stuck in the toilet just twelve hours before, plus, who am I going to see?"

Hmmm ... well, I see one of my former students as I get out of my truck ...
He looks at me like he knows me, puts his hand in the air, takes stock of my appearance, and then says, with a frightened expression on his face, "Hi ..." in an almost whisper. His dad is a school board member, and of course, he was with him.

Oh yeah! I'm sure they think I've hit the bottle pretty hard!

Comments

Popular Posts