LOUISVILLE SCIENCE CENTER

Christy and I went to the Louisville Science Center today. The other day we were talking, and I mentioned that I was dying to go to a "big city" and soak up some culture at a museum. Christy suggested the Science Center, and so ... the photos below were all taken at the Science Center. It's a great place to go. Loads of fun for the kids -- these two big kids had a great time! Plus, the LOUISVILLE SLUGGER museum and factory is just across the street. Can't miss the GIGANTIC baseball bat on the side of Main Street!

This bannner greets guests has they come through the front door. Once inside, you can watch this pendulum swing swifty and methodically, knocking those little orange pegs over in ten-minute increments.



This little guy is part of the GROSSOLOGY exhibit. A discerning eye will notice the three piles of poo at his feet. This particular exhibit -- a talking penguin -- was explaining how you can tell the type of animal by its scat (otherwise known as poo).

This giant fly -- also a talking fly -- is sitting on a giant chocolate chip cookie. You can't see it, but he's just regurgitated on the cookie, getting ready to suck up all the broken-down parts of the cookie to take home to the wife and kids. And my mother said it was perfectly fine to eat the potato salad after a fly landed on it! Clearly, she never heard this guy talk about how he does his job!


I took this photo for my dad. Papa, perhaps you might want to try this ... or maybe not!


We even got to be weather forecasters! Here is Christy reading the teleprompter and broadcasting "live" from somewhere where there was lots of heavy rains and flooding!



This is a photo of Christy in a cave. I feel reasonably sure that this was meant for children, but we weren't really concerned with that. We got down on all fours and crawled in there anyway!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Funny. I can do a weather report with my eyes closed!!! Now that is talent. I included my pictures of our trip on my webpage, too, Meg. You looked like the meteorologist gig was old hat for you. Kept your eyes open and everything.

It was a nice trip. I want to go to the mountains again for our next road trip.

Christy

Popular Posts