A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

35 is here, and, I must admit, it has been a wonderful day! So many people went out of their way to make my birthday feel special, and who doesn't like to feel that there is a special day just for them?


It was an incredible way to enter this next great adventure I like to call the "tail end of my 30s," and, I gotta say, it feels like it's going to be a blast of a ride!

This is a photo of a black and white photo my father took of me circa 1974 or 1975 ... hell on wheels even then!


My special day started off early, yesterday, by receiving a card from my parents along with birthday money! I will be spending it tomorrow afternoon, mom and dad [wink, wink]!!!!



To top that off, I received a package from my terrific friend, Denise. Now, Denise has this amazing sense of humor. I laugh everytime we hang out, and the gift she sent was not only SOOOOO ME, but it was pretty darn hysterical. Denise, you don't how much I laughed OUT LOUD last night ... between the cards and my gift, I think Maddie the Cat thought I was losing my mind (she should only be so lucky) ...



I got to school today and was ABSOLUTELY BLOWN AWAY by the decorations that covered, what seemed like every inch of my classroom. I left them all up so that I could take photos tomorrow -- so be on the look out for them. Of course, I didn't have my camera with me this morning!



My friend Christy gave me such a wonderful gift. We've only known each other a short time, but she already knows me well ...

The little ice cream cone thing is a pack of playing cards. I collect funny-shaped playing cards ... it's weird, yes, I know!


My little sis, who made sure to remind me that I will always be older than she, took me out for dinner. Yummy!!! I LOVED it and was thoroughly pleased with that, but, as we were walking to our cars, she surprised me with another gift!!



Now, Ann's gifts are always BEAUTIFULLY wrapped, and they are a gift in and of themselves ... almost too good to open up. However, I'm certainly glad I did open it, as it was a book by my current favorite author, Adriana Trigiani!!! The fourth installment of her BIG STONE GAP series. YEAH!!!



I was touched to receive a gift from my principal, Cynthia. She wrote the nicest card that almost made me cry. I miss her so much, and she's only been gone three days!


I was serenaded by what seemed like half the sixth grade class during morning announcements over the PA, and both my first and third block classes broke out in spontaneous song to, once again, sing me happy birthday.



Yes, it was a good day, and it made entering the Year 35 so much more palatable.






Comments

Anonymous said…
Your day sounds awesome! Glad you had a great birthday!
Anonymous said…
Dear Megan,

Happy 35th! How gorgeous you are! And how thrilled I am that you are reading HOME TO BIG STONE GAP post party. Thank you- I'm a big believer in 7 year cycles and you are starting a glorious one- enjoy it! I hope we meet someday so I might thank you in person for reading all my books. Have a perfect year! xoxoxo Adriana Trigiani
A Davis said…
What the freak?! you got a comment from Adriana Trigiani!! I love her books!! I have yet to read the new one, but I will...i've read every one of her others. Adriana, i love your writing!!!! Megs, you lucky duck!!!

Popular Posts