IT'S 4:30 A.M. DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOUR LUNGS ARE?

I'm pretty sure mine are still in my chest, but I'm not entirely positive. It's quite possible one might have flopped out onto my living room floor during one of my many coughing fits earlier in the ... what do you call this time of day? The time before even God, himself, wakes up?

I went to the doctor's Tuesday (if today, is in fact, Wednesday). I'd determined I was going to knock this without antibiotics just because part of the reason we're getting such seriously weird strains of crap is due to the fact that we are getting antibiotic-resistant strains of what not and so forth. Well, that lofty goal went out the window when I started coughing up blood! I became seriously freaked out.

After the doctor determined that I wasn't a smoker, he didn't seem all that concerned about the blood. "That can be a sign of bronchitis." Oh goody! But, just for kicks and giggles, and because in this day and age of legal wrangling doctors must cover their malpracticed hind-ends, he gave me a TB test and ordered chest x-rays.

The spot where the TB test was given is nothing more than bruised. So, I think we can safely rule out that ... and perhaps the bubonic plague. However, the chest x-ray is later on this morning, when I will be good and loopy from lack of sleep and must operate the heavy machinery known as my vehicle to get from the east side to the west side to get the x-ray ... where I will inevitably be asked if there is any possibility of me being pregnant, reminding me yet again that, unless it was miraculous conception, no, nary a man within a 50-mile radius of me or my fallopian tubes ... further solidifying the fact that birthday #36 has been just plain crap!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well, it is one you will remember!
(And I see yet again your "Choose an identity" has changed! Boo Hiss)

so I will sign it here.
Mom
Anonymous said…
Glad to hear you've gone to the doctor...and that it's not TB! Hope you're feeling better! We'll have to do a belated birthday sometime this summer (provided you make it up or I come down).

~Denise

Popular Posts