4TH GRADE GLAM CREW -- ELEMENTARY EYE FOR THE STRAIGHT GUY

I'm always interested in seeing how a particular class' dynamics play out in my room each year. This year was no exception, and as the year has progressed, it's become very obvious that my little crew is definitely ALL ABOUT THE FASHION.

As a group, the kiddos have commented on the colors that work best with my skin tone. Currently, the hot pinks I wear are Murray's M&Ms' favs.

They've critiqued my jewelry choices, and it would seem the dangly, the blingy, the showier the pieces are, the better. Toe polish, shoe choices, bracelets, belts ... none of it goes unnoticed.

They've designed numerous outfits for me over the course of the year, two of which are hanging on my bulletin board above my computer as I type this ... complete with embroidery and crystal embellishments.

Murray's kiddos love them some fashion and glamour!

Today, our principal, Mr. Harley, stepped into our room to gather some kids for our standardized testing. He was wearing a brand new shirt in a really nice blue-green color.

G greeted Mr. Harley with the following comment: "Ooohhh! Mr. Harley, I like that shirt."

Mr. Harley didn't hear him, but rather looked at me, "Do you have any absent today?"

I was too busy chuckling to answer.

"What, Murray?"

"G, why don't you give your compliment to Mr. Harley again." I said while laughing.

"I really like that shirt, Mr. Harley."

With a smile, "Thanks."

"Is it new?"

"Ummmm ...."

"What do you call that color? Is it teal?" G continued.

Now it's Mr. Harley's turn to chuckle. "Ummmmm ... I'm not sure."

"We're a fashion conscious group around here," I said as I stifle of full-blown laugh.

Aren't they the cutest ... my little Elementary Eyes for the Straight Guy!

Comments

Micah said…
This is too cute -- they sound like a fun class! Do you find yourself shopping with their opinions in mind? :)

Popular Posts