PAUL SAWYIER PUBLIC LIBRARY

I was standing in the parking lot of the Paul Sawyier Public Library looking into the section of the parking lot that curves around the old library building. That portion of the parking lot was completely submerged, and this morning, I saw coverage on the news that showed the water, at some point last night, was up to the DO NOT part of the sign. In the background, you can see the Singing Bridge and a portion of the boat docks.


Just to give you perspective ... I'm looking at the parking lot of the library. I imagine, this morning, more of the parking lot is submerged.



This is another section of that same parking lot ... actually behind where I was standing in the other photos. To the right of the photo (out of the shot), I could see the back of a house from the next street over, already starting to flood. The poor residents had a moving truck backed up to the house and were desperately trying to pack what they could inside of it.

Comments

Popular Posts