IT'S CRUNCH TIME

Say what you will about small school districts, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE working in one ... there is so much more of a family feel to it, than in a larger, monster-sized district.

Granted, my current district is not without its faults, but still ... the people all feel like part of a large, extended family -- if not slightly dysfunctional at times. One example of this family-feel is our superintendent. He's like the crazy uncle or grandpa that you think is a hoot, but you'd be slightly concerned about taking out into public for fear of the silliness that might come out of his mouth. He's got a million ridiculous sayings, and he uses them with some degree of frequency.

He personally comes around to our school, each payday, and hands us our checks. Typically, he has some sort of mini-candy bar that he hands out with the check, and there is usually some sort of corny saying he tells you as well.

One time, he handed me a Mounds Joy with my check and said, "You are such a JOY to work with."

Today, he handed me my check, a Nestle's Crunch, and said, "It's Crunch time. Hang tough!"

Such a dork! I wouldn't have it any other way ....

Comments

Popular Posts