WEEKEND RECAP AND OTHER VIEWS ON LIFE

I'm officially out of shape and flabby. Or so that's what the back of my legs are telling me after a total of four hours of weeding, digging, planting and general gardening. Is it too much to ask for my thighs to suddenly firm up and be all Bo Derek-like in say, a day's time?

Oh shut up! A girl can dream!

The good news is that my community garden plot is now planted, and I'm crossing my fingers that something grows considering I saw the earth move while weeding ... daggone moles!

Someone out there should be super impressed ... I did 80 crunches this morning and could well have done 80 more if it weren't for the fact that I was running seriously late on time to "get beautiful" for the day -- okay, yes, I laid in bed for half hour this morning. Don't judge! I'm not looking to get six-pack abs ... but a two-pack might be nice to work toward, you know what I mean?

In other news, it was Mother's Day weekend, and in honor of my mother, I ate a small Blizzard from Dairy Queen. For better or worse (and right now, it's definitely worse), my body is rejecting the fat, sugar, and calories. It doesn't like it one bit ... in fact, it doesn't like the abuse I put it through this whole weekend. It's staging a coupe!

Not everyone had a Happy Mother's Day. My good buddy Carrie's husband is still new in the "spoil the mother of my children" game. The poor, misguided schlub let the kiddos run in and wake mommy up at 7:30 a.m. He has much to learn and needs to spend some time reading the I MARRIED A WOMAN, NOW WHAT handbook. Why he hasn't up to this point is beyond me, but seriously, someone pass the man the guidebook!

I received my first grade on a paper in my latest grad class, and let's just say that this woman needs to find a hobby. I was thoroughly disgusted and am not at all looking forward to handing in the next paper.

Week 2 of testing begins today! There's a part of me that would rather have the other half of her thyroid removed than deal with testing. That's just how much fun it is.

And so begins a new week, with, I hope, a lack of flood waters rising.

Comments

Popular Posts