Having one of those years

If one more person asks me to attend a meeting, I can not be held responsible for my actions. For reals, folks.

Is it just me, or are meetings becoming more bizarre these days?

"Hey, ya'll! I'd like to meet to discuss the color variations of these two manila envelopes here. Think you can pencil me in?"

OR

"Ummm ... I'd like to sit down and discuss the meeting that we're going to be conducting regarding the planning committee's preparation of the conference call about the meeting. Could you meet?"

OR

"So, I need you to complete an agenda regarding the meeting we're going to have on the nuances of the number 2 pencil versus all the other pencils made on this planet. And I'd really like that on my desk 10 minutes ago."

This is why Facebook was invented. I'm relatively sure of it. So all of us bedraggled meeting goers can stumble, bleary-eyed from the stuffy confines of board rooms every where, and waste 5 hours of an otherwise, unproductive, inefficient day, Liking inane places and things on Facebook that normally, we couldn't give a crap about. This is what Meetings have brought us to ... addled brain cells going splat against a computer screen.

Comments

Popular Posts