The random stream of consciousness in my head

I'm relatively sure my cat spends her days, while I'm gone, running all over the counter tops. In fact, if I had to wager a bet, I'm guessing she does a victory dance, knowing I will never know about it, unless, perhaps, a coupon falls to the floor (as it did today), in the flurry of the jigging. Which makes me think ...

... perhaps I should have wiped down the counters before I started preparing tonight's feast for the eyes and the stomach (Lemon Cod, Baked Potato, and Peas, in case you were wondering). That might reduce the amount of disease considerably, I suppose. Which causes me to think ...

...I'm relatively sure I'm going to get the stomach flu ... like in five minutes. They've been dropping like flies at school, and it doesn't matter how many times I wipe down a desk, it seems the germs multiply and fly into my nose, spinning around inside my brain, and coming out my ear, screaming, "WE'RE GOING TO GET YOU, OUR LITTLE PRETTY! AND YOUR LITTLE DOGGIE, TOO!" Except, I don't have a little doggie ... and then I think ...

... hey! There's Christmas music on the radio right now, and I just heard DO YOU HEAR WHAT I HEAR? And sometimes, I do hear things that no one else seems to hear, and I wonder what that is all about. I mean, I am a big girl, now, and ....

... did you know that the biggest BIG GIRL purchase to date has been my house, but that the second biggest BIG GIRL purchase (and let's face it, it pales in comparison to the house) has been the box springs and mattress set I just finished plunking cash down for? It's an investment piece, that's how the salesperson was marketing it. Listen, I think real leather shoes are investment pieces, so I'm expecting to wake up Saturday morning (delivery should be Friday *fingers crossed*) a brand new woman ... skinnier, lighter hair, butt and boobs back up where they used to be ... before gravity. That's the type of investment piece I'm talking about.

Comments

Popular Posts