On the expiration of green olives

From http://www.2bisquickrecipes.com/bisquick-impossible-pie-recipes/impossible-taco-pie-recipe/


Tonight, I made a culinary coup of a meal, straight from the back of a Bisquick box. It's called IMPOSSIBLE TACO PIE. I'm not entirely sure what's impossible about it as it seems quite easy to both assemble and consume. I mean, come on. You know it's minutes away from gourmet when you use Bisquick!

In my continued effort to kill myself via my own cooking and a bit of botulism, tonight, I prepared the meal with what I can only describe as a jar full of "cloudy" olives. I use the term cloudy because, honestly, I can't remember when I purchased them. I mean, they've been in my refrigerator. And mayonnaise lasts forever in a fridge, right?

Just to be on the safe side, I decided to do the ridiculous and taste-test them prior to dumping them into the mixture. And they didn't taste bad ... at first. It was only after I'd combined all the ingredients into my baking pan that I realized there was a slightly unpleasant after-taste that accompanied the olives.

I'm guessing nothing serious will happen to me in the overnight, but on the off chance that I don't wake up tomorrow, would someone be so kind as to mention to the coroner the possible origin of my demise?

I would be ever so grateful.

Comments

Popular Posts