Attempting the impossible

It became apparent early last week that things were careening out of control quickly, and one of the BIGGEST things was ... well ... ME!

In a rare moment of clarity, I signed up for Weight Watchers on-line before the rational, cheap-skate inside reared her ugly head and said, "You can do this on your own," as she shoved another Twinkie in her mouth.

I've been on the plan for a week and a half, and while I lost nothing at my last weigh-in, which was Sunday (having only been on the plan then 4 days), I'm relatively certain, I will have lost a pound or two this weigh in ... at least I'm crossing my fingers that I do!!

This whole thing felt so defeating when I first started it, but I've got to say, I'm learning a lot about myself ... like, when I shoved things in my mouth ... why I shoved them in ... what actually made me full ... what doesn't ... what actually constitutes "HUNGRY" (there was a foreign idea to me as of late).

It's been a struggle, but not as bad as I thought it would be. The biggest struggle is finding the time to really think about menus. While I was getting better about that, I was no where near the place I needed to be. In other words, I need to be much more intentional about planning a menu, something I always went off on my mother, aunt, and grandmother about ... I see why they did it now.

At this point in the blog, my mother is shouting at the computer screen, "I TOLD YOU SO!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!" She is now reading furiously to the end of the blog, wherein, she will comment about how she's been right all along, and where would I be if I had only listened to her?

Yes, mother, I know. You are sooooo right.

The biggest problem, right now, is finding time in my crazy schedule for exercise. I'm hoping this will become easier as the weather warms up, and it stays lighter out at night. Considering, I am planning, for me, a MAJOR landscaping project, this might actually be an easier undertaking as the weather turns nicer.

So, there you have it. Megan is gaining control ... at least the upper hand ... for the moment.

Comments

Popular Posts