Bruised feelings

I'm fat.

It's taken me a while to admit that, but I have. In doing so, I've acknowledged that I need to do something about it.

That is why I have been so public about Weight Watchers and the struggle that I know will be my journey to a healthier me.

A lot of stuff led up to me deciding that it was definitely time to turn the table of The Fat.





  1. The Fat had sucked up my entire 30s. I didn't want it being a major player in my 40s. The Forties are Fabulous, and The Fat had no place in my fabulous.


  2. I need to be more mindful of my health.


  3. I feel like The Fat has been a major road block in the things that I want to do and accomplish in my life. The good news about road blocks is that they can be moved. There is a correction to be made.



That's what makes what happened recently so hurtful.




I was not asked to join in a group event that others were asked to join, on the QT, by the way, because I am fat.




When you make the concerted effort NOT to include everyone, you automatically send messages to those ommitted persons that they are some how not worth it ... that they don't matter. I'm not upset because I would have liked to do it. Truth be told, this particular event is not good for my bad knee. However, would I have liked the option to say, "Thank you so much for thinking of me, but I'd rather do this alternative ... or thank you, but I'd rather not?"


Yes, I would have.


I'm fat. But I'm working to change that. Thank you to all that support me in my fight ... that encourage me daily ... that somehow see me as an inspiration. And thank you for not judging me because of it. Your love and support are like diamonds to me!



Comments

Popular Posts