Recalibrating

I've been pretty quiet in recent days.

Oh ... you hadn't noticed? Well, I have been.

I'm calling it a Recalibration. Sounds fancy, doesn't it?

So what does it mean?

In case you missed it, for the past three weeks, I have been enjoying a well-needed break. We like to call it Spring Break. It was not so much SPRING as it was just a break. The weather wasn't always cooperative.

What did I do on my Spring Break?

Why so kind of you to ask me!

  • I spent money! Boy, did I spend money!
  • I worked in my yard.
  • I drank a lot of coffee.
  • I read a lot of magazines.
  • I had some wonderful lunch dates.
  • I spent a GREAT deal of time in Lowes.
  • I turned my brain off, and I coasted.
That last one was the most important one.

NO! Going to Lowe's, practically, every day was NOT the most important thing I did.

Okay ... maybe a close second.

But turning my brain off and coasting was what I needed. I have spent the better part of my school year stressed beyond the point of humanly healthy. Lest you think I am really being a drama queen, allow me to paint you a picture. My jaw would start hurting, and I would immediately start getting a KILLER headache ..... ummmm .... yeah. NOT. GOOD.

This break, I made a concerted effort to unplug ... to de-stress ... to not worry. For the most part, I was successful.

If I am going to make it to FAB BY FORTY, then I need to do more of that.

Yes, I have priorities.

Yes, I have important obligations.

But no, none of those things define me as a person.

I am heading into tomorrow more than likely not fully prepared. Balls will be dropped. But you know what, I'm not going to stress about it. Life is more than deadlines and emotional outbursts of other people.

Life is good and should be enjoyed and savored ... like a great bottle of Moscato ... by new favorite wine, by the way!

To Spring! To renewal! To recalibration!


Comments

Popular Posts