IT JUST HAPPENED WHILE WE WERE TALKING

Have you ever had one of those conversations that start off benignly enough, but end up slapping you silly?

Okay, maybe it's just me.  Maybe I just stick my proverbial foot in my proverbial mouth more often than most, but this conversation was just so ... what's the word  ... LAME!  Just your run-of-the-mill, every day sorta conversation.

And then, BOOM!  Right in the middle of it, the person talking to me says, "You know so-and-so, right?  Man!  Have you ever met a glass so empty person in your life?  So and so has NOTHING positive to say about anything? What's the problem?"

Possibly, because I am a writer, I tend to look at the world from a critical pair of glasses.  I wouldn't call them Rainbow Colored ... hmmm ... what would I call them?  Shades of Black (I LOVE that song, by the way!!)??

But that bit of our otherwise blissfully normal conversation reached out, grabbed me by the scruff of my neck, and shook me.

Am I perceived in that way?  As a glass half empty?  I don't perceive myself that way?  Do others?

Negative surrounds us in this world, and if we allow it, it will eat us up.  When I really stop to think about it ... examine it ... I see, sometimes for the first time, the amazing blessings that surround me in small and big ways.

Okay, so maybe my cup isn't filled with rainbows and Skittles, but it is half-full.  If I take the time to stop and smell the roses, then I notice just how full it is. 

Comments

Popular Posts