STARTING FALL BREAK OFF WITH A BANG!

Things break.

That's how this world works.

Sadly, things don't break at convenient times.  That's also how the world works.

A friend and I had planned a trip to Washington, DC for last week.  So, of course, two days before I am to leave, my refrigerator decides to stage a coupe and leave me holding the bag. The bag full of spoiled food.

I don't even want to begin to calculate how much food I lost.  If I attempt it, there will be crying involved.  I promise you that.

After discussing in-depth with the appliance place, what we were going to do with this little sticky wicket, it was decided that nothing would be done to the dang thing until after I got back. This furthered my foul mood.  To avoid an electrical fire or a super high electrical bill, I unplugged the thing and gave it the middle finger on my way out the door.

Then Tropical Storm Joaquin started stirring.  I really didn't think anything of it because in my little neck of the woods, tropical storms don't really phase me.

Only, we were driving into what would become Joaquin's neck of the woods.

At the same time, Joaquin was growing from a tropical storm to a hurricane, a nor'easter started forming.

I've heard of nor'easters.  I have friends who live in the Northeast.  They have infamous stories of nor'easters.  It usually involves snow.  Didn't really think about the whole rain factor ... or that I was now heading toward the Eastern Seaboard.

Y'all.  It rained the entire time I was gone.  THE. ENTIRE. TIME.  I am counting Wednesday as a rain day as well because even though actual rain never fell from the sky, the atmosphere was so heavy, I was drenched as if I'd been standing out in the rain.  There wasn't any glistening about it, ladies and gentlemen.  I was a sweating fool!

I am home now.  The skies are blue, and the sun is shining. The refrigerator is working once again ... for now (we're taking a wait and see stance ... don't even get me started).  Balance seems to have been restored.

It feels like I can finally sit back, close my eyes, and truly relax.  I am ready for a nice, calm remainder of this break.

Comments

Popular Posts