YOU ARE GETTING SLEEPY; VERY, VERY SLEEPY

It's cold in my house tonight.  I am not sure what the temperature is, because, to be honest, I've been at work all day, and I just don't feel like getting up and looking.

Plus, I am all cozy under my fuzzy blanket.  That would wholly disrupt the captured warmth currently surviving under my fuzzy blanket.

Y'all, seriously.  It's probably like 55 degrees outside right now.  In the whole grand scheme of things, not at all cold.  However, my body is coming off of balmy 70s. It's a shock to my delicate system.

I am losing more of my Northern-ness every. single. day. I live south of the Mason-Dixon Line. Siiiiiigh ...

{shakes her head pitifully as she rereads the word delicate}

As I stated, I went to work this morning.  I had a two hour meeting, so I figured I would work from 8 to 10 a.m., go to my meeting, and then finish all my work after lunch until I started getting cross-eyed.

Two things occurred ... two things that ALWAYS inevitably occur:

  1. I highly underestimated the amount of work I had to do and the amount of time it would take me to do it.  Therefore, I created a TO DO list that God himself would be all, "Ummm, seriously, Megan?"
  2. I severely misjudged how quickly my eyes would go cross-eyed.  
I got home at 4:30 p.m., chatted with my parents on the phone, and then settled in to do some writing on my computer.  Only, after getting my jammies on, warming up a mug of apple cider, crawling under my fuzzy blanket and grabbing my computer, I had the yet once again inevitable result of aforementioned comfying.  My eyes started drooping.  My yawning became uncontrollable, and the desire to crawl off to bed became overwhelming.  

My goal is to get into bed by 9 p.m. every night, and, ladies and gentlemen, it is 9:03 p.m.  So, I am going to call this what it is ... another night of ill-planned productivity.  I am going to assume the Scarlett O'Hara stance and just say, "Fiddly dee!"

Tomorrow is a new day, right?


Comments

Popular Posts