EASTER IN KENTUCKY VERSUS EASTER IN MICHIGAN

There are a few differences between the Easters of my youth and the Easters I have experienced down here in the "South."

The biggest difference?  I have never, in my life, hunted Easter eggs outdoors.  Never.

Why, you ask?  Well, I grew up in Michigan. You can never predict what the weather is going to be like.  You can have a gloriously beautiful Easter or you can have snow or rain or both.  It all just depends.

Weather in Michigan is a giant crap shoot.

So, when I was a kid, we hunted our Easter eggs indoors.  Some how, some way, the Easter bunny managed to get in the house (I suspect he and Santa had similar tactics) and would hide all the eggs prior to Ann and I waking up.

Down here in Kentucky?  EVERYBODY hunts for their Easter eggs outside.

There are tons of community Easter egg hunts, Easter egg drops, Easter egg rolls ... if you can do it with an Easter egg, it is offered up to the community.

It's kind of neat to see all the outdoor activities tied to Easter that the south supports. However, it's all a bit foreign to me.


Comments

Popular Posts