DIGGING FOR THE FUN STUFF

Sometimes, it is just plain hard to find stuff to be thankful for, you know?

I mean, the piles of laundry haven't gone down. The piles of papers on my desk haven't gone down. The stack of dishes in the sink haven't gone down. The amount of criticism isn't any less. My anxiety sure enough hasn't gone down!  And who is paying these bills anyway????

And the state of affairs in our world today?  I mean, what is good about any of that?

It's enough to make a person good and depressed.

However, the silver linings....there are always silver linings, right? 

Like, for instance (I teach fourth grade. This is standard fourth grade speak, and so help me, I can't stop myself!), it was 72* today! Okay, yes, it was rainy and gray most of the day, but 72 DEGREES! In February! I mean, I can't complain.  Plus, and this is an added temperature bonus, the birds were singing a song that sounded suspiciously like SPRING! Y'all. This to me is a good section of that silver lining I was just prattling on about.

Because of the warm weather, when I finally got home this evening, I opened the windows! I love the feel of the breeze blowing through the windows and the sounds of the night. As an added bonus, I was witness to The Cat pretty much losing her mind over the fact that the windows were open for the first time since some time in October or November. That, in itself, was purely entertaining.

There are weekend plans to be made!  Fun weekend plans!

And as much as I do not want to admit to #46, there is a birthday to look forward to ... the first one in 11 years to be celebrated with the WHOLE family.

There's a lot of YUCK and POO that I could be wallowing in this week, but digging for the nuggets of sunshine and rainbows has done my heart and my mind wonders!

There's always something to be grateful for ... it just may take some time with a shovel, mining for those precious bits.


Comments

Popular Posts