SURPRISES

Today was a surprise SNOW DAY. 

I wasn't expecting it, but man! Was I ever glad it happened.

Life has a way of surprising us sometimes when we least expect it.

I didn't do things that were on my BIG, GIGANTIC TO DO LIST.

I relaxed.  I lingered over coffee. I read some of my book. I enjoyed the sunshine streaming in my front window.

I made Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread.

I made a crock pot soup. I washed dishes and picked up the house (not all the way, but it's better). 

I purchased supplies to fix my curtain rod (there was an ugly incident between The Cat and the Curtains).

I helped my dad craft my new, industrial/rustic curtain rod. 

I enjoyed a leisurely dinner -- my payment to my dad (and mom, too) for his help today!

I watched TV ... I fell asleep on the couch ... I relaxed, and I didn't worry about anything!

Sometimes, we need surprises.

Comments

Popular Posts