VALENTINE'S DAY

Well, I survived another Valentine's Day.

Nothing says, "Hey! You're single, and we're going to really make that obvious," like a little ole day dedicated to lovers.

Gag!

All the flowers and chocolates and lovey dovey stuff. 

I cannot with it all.

I decided to show that I love myself (or I'm at least trying to love myself) by going to the Y and working out in the pool. 

I am now satisfactorily sore (this is what I get for skipping for more than a week ... er two ... ). 

Having dug around in my deep freeze and unearthed a bean, sausage, and spinach soup from who knows how long ago, I have poured myself a glass of wine.  I'm in my pajamas, smelling of chlorine, and I am giving serious thought to calling it a night with my Kindle in hand.

But I will raise my glass to all you love birds out there and wish you cheers and many more Valentine's Days.  And bah humbug!


Comments

Popular Posts