BRAIN TRUST

We have quite a brain trust here in my townhouse complex. So much so, that I can't believe someone hasn't discovered the cure for cancer ... or world peace ... or something!

Let me give you just a sampling ...

We are experiencing a draught here in Central Kentucky. I know this because when you step outside onto, what used to be grass, there is this sickening, crunching sound. For those of you not familiar with lush, green grass, the aforementioned crunching sound is NOT normal. Nothing good can ever come from crunchy grass.

Fast-forward to Thursday night ... two pyromaniacs down the way decided to light a THOUSAND fireworks (not illegal here in Kentucky, apparently) into the air, thus causing a million showering sparks and ash to fall to the brown, chapped earth below.

I was fully expecting to hear a giant "WHOOSH!" and see my entire complex go up in smoke. Thankfully, the fireworks ended without incident.

Then there was the scene I witnessed last night: A couple across the street decided they had too much crap in their garage. So, they brought out their wheelbarrow (in case you didn't catch that, I SAID WHEELBARROW!), and began lighting various sundry crap on fire ... in the wheelbarrow. At one point in the evening, a glass bottle, that the wife slipped in, unbeknowst to her husband, exploded, sending shards of glass and lit debris everywhere. Amazingly, no forest fires, yard fires, or general human tragedy was started. AMAZINGLY!

Comments

Christy said…
So what do you plan to do to top that, Megan? You have some stiff competition.
Megan said…
I don't know. I was thinking just taking a blow torch to the lawn. That would take care of it in short order and would just get rid of all that ugle anticipation.

Popular Posts