TAKING COVER, FINDING SHELTER

I got home, today, just in time to seek shelter in the only small, interior space in my townhouse ... the downstairs bathroom!

From out of nowhere, some sort of funnel cloud thingy popped up just west of Franklin County and was barreling right toward us.

Oh goody! You see, I sort of panic during these sorts of storms. I am terrified of tornadoes, due to a very traumatic experience I had in second grade.

The minute the sirens started blaring, I turned the TV on and looked to the west to observe the storm clouds.

Green! Great!

I then threw my purse into the bathroom next to Maddie the Cat, who was happily puddling in the water in the sink, and headed up stairs to get important papers. Now, what I would do with all these important papers, provided they managed to stay in my clutched fists post-storm, I am not really sure. But procure them, I did. Well, ... some of them. You see, I have a whole drawer of IMPORTANT PAPERS, and it's hard to decide what could possibly be advantageous to have in the aftermath of a tornado.

I chose the copy of my parents' Power of Attorney papers and my health records. Don't ask why ... I am not sure. I think that if a.) I could have wrestled the drawer loose, and b.) it would have fit into the bathroom with me and my cat, I would have brought the whole IMPORTANT PAPER drawer with me!

As it was, I was hard pressed to find a spot for me to sit what with the fan, bottled water, extra pair of shoes, cat food, important papers, car keys and blanket in there with me!

Comments

Christy said…
Hmmm...

I worked right through the ding dang thing. Missed it totally.

You are very thoughtful to be so prepared in your shower. I am going to take more of the Dorothy in Wizard of OZ approach when my time comes. No place like home.

Popular Posts