HAS HE CALLED YET?

Okay, so it has come to my attention that many of you feel a bit ... oh how shall I put this ... LEFT HANGING by my entry that there was a man running around Frankfort somewhere with my numbers saved in his cell phone (is it "in" or "on" ... I'm never sure how to handle the prepositions in technological sentences).

Yes, I said numbers! I gave him both my home and cell numbers. A little over-zealous? Perhaps ... but you are dealing with a 35 year old woman that would just love to see some action, and by action I mean, having a man pay for something that she consumes ... dinner, coffee, a piece of trident gum ... I'm not picky. I mean, when your life has come to sixth graders advising you on pick-up lines, well, let's just say it's time to reevaluate how one lives one's life.

Anyway, the answer to all of your questions is ...

Nope ... no call. It's been a little over a week, and I've heard nothing. Just so I am very clear about this, I didn't throw those numbers at him. He asked for them. Yes, I did happily oblige, because, quite honestly, he was cute, in a nerdy, totally adorable sort of way. And he was nice, and let's face it, I could use nice in my life. Did I mention I taught sixth graders last year?

Also, there are those of you out there that are shaking your heads and saying, "Seriously, how desperate is she?"

Umm ... yeah, let's talk about desperate. I am 35-years old and single. It's not by accident. I am picky. I am willing to wait until the right one comes along, and I am really not all that interested in settling. So, desperate is not really part of my vocabulary. Willful and stubborn ... independent and pig-headed? Oh yes, I will own those, but desperate, nope. Not me.

There you have it ... no call. Could be I won't ever get one either. Who knows, but as my good buddy Carrie told me, "you've got it, girl! You've got it."

Comments

Anonymous said…
you do have it!! =)
Who's anonymous? Are you the guy with the phone numbers?
Megan said…
Wow Ann! You are soooo super subtle. :)

Popular Posts