CLASS D FELONS -- A PARAPHRASED CONVERSATION

I went out last night and helped my friend Elly celebrate her 30th birthday at the Mexican Monkey. I could go into great detail about the drink that needed to be lit on fire, but because these ladies are upstanding citizens, I will refrain. Suffice it to say, it was an absolute riot, and a good time was had by all ... and I believe, somewhere, there are photos of Elly wearing a rather stylish sombero.

One of the conversations floating around the table last night was why the "let me have your number" guy hasn't called me. My friend Susan turns to me and says, "Let's see! Who could we hook you up with?"

Another teacher buddy, at the other end of the table, was talking about her classroom that is being moved out of our building and into the newish middle/high school building. It's a fiasco, and a subject for another blog. At any rate, Susan hears the conversation and says to me, very excitedly, "I know! I know! Go to school when the Class D felons are there moving the stuff! I am sure you could get a few dates!"

"CLASS D FELONS!?!" I squeaked. "Seriously!? You want to hook me up with Class D Felons?"

"Well, they aren't as bad as the other felons," Susan replies, while giggling.

Yes, because Class D Felons are just starting out on their criminal careers. I mean, I should strike while the iron is hot, right?

Comments

Popular Posts