THE ONE-ARMED MAN

When the movie version of THE FUGITIVE came out, my friend Denise and I were there to see it ... with bells on! And we loved it so much, I think we watched it over and over again. In fact, so obsessed were we with it, that we quoted lines from the movie for months to come, basically, because we thought Tommy Lee Jones' character was the wittiest thing since sliced bread!

The above jumble of words has nothing really to do with the whole point of this blog other than the snarky play on the "IT WAS THE ONE-ARMED MAN!" line in the movie.

I have a neighbor at the end of my cul-de-sac that, in April, threw her live-in or husband or gigantic pain in her butt, out of her apartment. This was not done without some major drama and two separate police visits with no less than 5 police officers removing him from the premises. Now, it should be noted that he is a man with just one arm. Nothing discriminatory should be implied by this statement. It is just that ... merely a statement.

All was well in the world of break-ups until this afternoon.

I was busily typing away on my computer, when I was distracted by the screeching of tires. I look out toward the noise in time to see THE ONE-ARMED MAN flying out of his truck and storming toward the door he was asked to vacate almost two months ago.

At first, he knocked civilly. However, that strategy didn't last long. He then beat on the door like a rabid bear (because rabid bears knock on doors all of the time) and followed that up by shouting, "I KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE. OPEN THE DOOR!"

That didn't work either; so he stormed back to his truck, started to drive away, thought better of it, got out, and proceeded to kick the snot out of the lady's vehicle!

Clearly, THE ONE-ARMED MAN has some anger management issues he needs to cull through with a certified professional. Now, this anger could be a direct result of his being one-armed or could just be because he is a cussid beast. Either way, it doesn't seem normal to me.

Off he went, and out she came, telephone in hand. It wasn't very long before one of Frankfort's finest pulled up to take the report and, quite possibly, give her information about seeing the Personal Protection Order Officer.

Quite honestly, folks, I have a gut feeling about this, and it doesn't feel like it's going to end well. I am fully prepared to use the line that Harrison Ford's character repeated over and over again to the police as they questioned him about his wife's death, "It was the one-armed man."

I'm guessing this won't be the last time I see the FPD down in the cul-de-sac either ...

Comments

Elly Gilbert said…
Oooh, goody for you! I know how you feel about the boys in blue! Look at it this way....she's just giving you the opportunity to check as many of them out as possible!
Anonymous said…
I have to tell you that when I read the title my mind jumped right to that movie!!! How funny! Some things don't change no matter how many miles are between us!!! Cool!
Megan said…
DENISE!!! That is sooo funny! :) That was part of the reason for me writing the title. I sooooo remember our obsession with it.

Elly, you are a riot! I guess I need to take your view of things!

Popular Posts