I LEFT MY SWEAT AT THE CUMBERLAND FALLS WHILE HE WAS LEAVING HIS HEART IN SAN FRANCISCO

I just got back from an overnight in Corbin, KY, where Christy hails ... or is that hales? Anyway, another beautiful trip. Christy and her mom took me to Cumberland Falls today.

WOW!

That's all I've got to say ... WOW!

The Cumberland River is just so pretty, and the rock formations are ... well, they are breath-taking. I am quite sure I said it close to a bazillion times ...

They were both a bit tickled, I think, when I got down-right excited over pieces of coal along the river's edge. I snagged three pieces, and they will go in my jar of cool treasures I've picked up "along the way."

It was one of the hottest days on record today ... 90-something, and I do believe I left a trail of sweat along every trail we walked along.

I did almost get run out of town, I think. I tried to order a Diet Coke at the Dixie in downtown Corbin. Little did I know that Corbin has a large Pepsi distribution plant. You could see it in the waitresses eyes. Her face read, "Yep, she's a Yankee. She talks funny, AND she tried to order a Coke. Good freakin' grief!"

I will post photos later ... right now, I am going to be one with my reading. Three articles for tomorrow ...

[heavy sigh]

I guess the fun is over ...

Comments

Popular Posts