IN THE BLINK OF AN EYE

I was in a bad mood the entire week this past week.

Two weeks ago, I alerted my property manager to a leak that had started in my water heater, and she assured me, at that time, that she'd get a plumber out to take a look. It never happened, and last Monday night, a few more aggressive leaks sprung in that old leviathan, subsequently flooding the bottom floor -- prime living area -- of my townhouse.

I spent the rest of the week angry at this woman for treating me in such a disrespectful way ... livid because this all could have been prevented ... absolutely annoyed because my life, such as it is, was being turned upside down.

This rainy Sunday morning, I pulled out of my subdivision, no faster than I normally do, ... just your normal, every day, pull out onto a roadway speed, and immediately, I started hydroplaning on the wet pavement. It is a miracle of God that my truck didn't flip, because I was seconds from it happening ... seconds. I know it for a fact. And in those seconds, something occurred to me ...

This could be gone in a blink of an eye ... all of it.

Something else occurred to me as well ...

That water heater issue wasn't worth the amount of anger I gave it. I'm not sure how much of my week was wasted on it, but a pretty large portion of it was wasted ... and for what?

God's hand was on me today, because the truck righted itself, after going side ways down the road, and I proceeded on down the road, ever more cautious than I'd started out.

I need to be more cognizant of the time that's allotted me ... it's fleeting, and I tend to waste so much of it.

Comments

Popular Posts