TRYING TO SHAKE THE BAD DAY GRUMPIES

I had an ugly run-in with a coworker yesterday. I'd pretty much had it with this person, and as many that know me well, I take just so much, and then there's some explosion of emotion. Could be tears ... could be anger ... could be spontaneous combustion ... you just never know. Is this healthy? Probably not, but then, it takes every kind to make the world go 'round, so just don't judge.

Before it was all said and done, I was pretty sure I'd made my supervisor mad, and then that spiraled to, "why does everyone else think their problems are so bad and dismiss mine ... just because I don't complain all the time ... " Except that I think I do complain all the time, and I'm working really hard on that, but it's a struggle and ...

Well, you know where this was heading, right?

Certainly!

Right down the old pooper shoot!

My mood was foul, and it only followed me to bed last night, festering there like some horrible infection, and when it finally reared it's ugly head, it did so in the form of a dream ... a nightmare, really ... one in which I'm sitting in the chair of my salon, my hair half cut, and the superintendent of Fayette County Schools announces that he's shutting down the salon because he's going to use the building for some sort of school purposes! I was FIRED UP! I'M GETTING MY HAIR DONE, YOU TWIT! NO ONE COMES BETWEEN ME AND MY STYLIST. Of course, this made my stylist mad, who also happens to own the place, and she storms off, and I'm left sitting there with only half my head done. And the superintendent of schools for Fayette County just stands there with this stupid smile on his face ...

And that's when my alarm went off.

Seriously!

I'm pretty sure a professional dream analyzer would have a field day with that one, and I'd be summarily carted off to an intensive day treatment facility ...

I'm just sayin' ...

At any rate, I have my hair appointment tonight, and I can't wait to tell Susan about this. She's going to laugh her head off ... just so long as she stays firmly attached to the chair I'm sitting in until my hair is beautifully created.

Comments

A Davis said…
let me give it a try: you feel like you have no control when it comes to your job...they will always have you by the balls, er, the hair.
Megan said…
Oooohhhh!!! This is good, Allison. I hadn't thought of it, but very good! :) And, eerily, very close to being right on the mark. :)
A Davis said…
ha! lol

Popular Posts