TAKING THE BIG UGLY PLUNGE

I am applying to grad school.

AHHHHHH!!!!!

The grad school part doesn't scare me ... bums me out, yes. Scare me, no. It's the paying for grad school part that frightens me!

As it is, I have student loans up the wazooo. Now, I'm going to add more to them? I will be living a 864 square foot apartment until I'm 80 at the rate I'm going. In fact, I can see it now. I will be the first 80 year old woman to be featured on HGTV's Property Virgin! I'll be looking at lovely two-bedroom starter homes/fixer uppers on Skid Row.

I thought maybe I could just marry rich ... that some man would take pity on me, agree to pay my education debts, and put me into the lifestyle to which I'd like to be accustomed.

That doesn't seem to be working for me either.

So, instead, I will eat Ramon noodles for the rest of my life, but by gosh, I will be a highly qualified, yet working poor teacher!

The parents are so proud ...

Comments

A Davis said…
first off...love the hair!! and secondly, i don't know how we did it, budgeting, i guess, but we were able to pay for grad school for me out of pocket...and it only took me 3 years to get through. sometimes, i didn't take all the classes i wanted due to money, but that's okay, i made it. i know you can too!! it is possible to pay as you go.
Anonymous said…
Just curios how much is tuition for 6 units of post grad school per semester?

Popular Posts